All teams will be compiled by the Bellevue Boys Lacrosse Club in its sole and absolute discretion. Any falsified information given to BBLC in order to meet these requirements will result in the player being ejected from the program with no refund issued.
Bellevue Boys Lacrosse Club encompasses all the teams that feed into Bellevue High School and follows the boundaries as defined by the Bellevue School District. Students who live in the Bellevue High School boundary and attend a public choice school or private school that does not offer a lacrosse program are eligible to play for BBLC. Students who attend the following schools are eligible to play for BBLC:
- Bellevue High School
- Chinook Middle School
- Clyde Hill Elementary
- Enatai Elementary
- Medina Elementary
- Woodridge Elementary (note: must reside in the Chinook/BHS feeder area)
Please note, players that attend district choice schools (e.g., Jing Mei Elementary, International School, Big Picture School) must play for the program in the high school attendance area in which they reside.
Play-for rules for youth are set by the Greater Eastside Lacrosse League (GELL) as follows:
"The program for which a player is eligible is determined first by the school they attend and second by their home address. Therefore; to participate in the GELL:
- Players enrolled in a school that offers a lacrosse program must play in that program (School Program).
- All other players must play with the program associated or affiliated with their Residence Public High School (Community Program).
- Players living in areas where no Community Program exists shall play with the Community Program geographically closest to the player’s current residence address. When in dispute, the GELL board will make this determination.
- Players that have enrolled in a public school that is out of their local area shall play with the community program associated with the school they are enrolled in (open enrollment)."
High School players are eligible based on Bellevue School District policies 3251 and 3251.2.
If you live outside of the required boundaries or do not attend one of the schools listed above we suggest that you go to the website for Greater Eastside Lacrosse League (GELL) to find a youth team near you. Students who attend a private school that offers a lacrosse program for their age group are not eligible to play for a GELL team. GELL does not cover grades K-2 and some clubs do not have a K-2 program. If your local club does not offer a program for grades K-2 then you may be able to play for Bellevue Lacrosse only while your child is in grades K-2.
If you have any questions regarding eligibility, please contact our registrar at
Bellevue Lacrosse club closely follows the grade and age requirements set forth by the WHSBLA and GELL organizations. Players must register for the grade based program for which they qualify. Age limitations will apply. Pursuant to the rules and regulations of the WHSBLA and GELL organizations and the recommendations of the US lacrosse organization, no applicant shall be permitted to participate on a team outside such applicant's applicable age group and/or grade group as set forth by those organizations.